Match.com launched in 1995, making it the longest running dating site in the United States. It has matched more people that any other dating site in existence. They are one of the most popular dating websites. They currently have over 8 million premium users on their website.
The registration process is easy and will only take a few minutes of your time. You will need to provide your email address, birthday, country, state, gender and sexual orientation when signing up. Once you create your unique username and password, you will begin creating your profile. You enter your information such as your height, body type, relationship and other personal details. You will also write an ‘About Me’ section for yourself. There is no account verification required for Match.com, but you will be required to upload a profile photo that is decent.
The Match.com App offers all the same features as the desktop website does. You can easily download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. The app lets the user have all the same capabilities they would have on the regular website, just in an easier to navigate platform. You can have all your dating needs right at your fingertips.
Design & Usability
Match.com and their mobile app are both set up in a simple, clean design. You can find what feature you are looking for through the icons or the main menu of the website. The desktop website uses icons to describe each section of the website, rather than uses actual words. Match.com uses blues and white for a pleasurable design for each user.
Free Services & Premium Features
When you first register, you will be given a free account. With the free account, you are able to create a profile, send likes, browse on member search, view others profiles, participate in the matchmaking game and receive SignledOut matches. You can do only so much with the free membership.
With a paid membership, you will be allowed to actually send messages, use the instant messenger, see who’s viewed your profile, have a spot in daily matches and browse others profile in invisible mode.
There are different types of premium plans with different prices. One month of the premium plan is $18.99, three months is is $14.99 per month, six months is $11.49 per month, and a twelve month plan is $8.99 per month.
The standard plan is a little bit cheaper when you buy a plan that is longer than one month. One month of the standard plan is $18.99, three months is $12.99 per month, six months is $9.99 per month and twelve months is $7.99 per month. Users can purchase plans with credit card or via PayPal.
- Boost: The boost feature will put your profile as the top suggestion on Matches and Discover for one hours.
- Reverse matches: This will give you a list of people who are considered not compatible with you. It gives users the chance to meet someone different.
- MatchPhone: MatchPhone is a feature that allows users to make voice calls with other uses, without actually giving out their real phone number. This is a premium feature of Match.com.
- Match Me: This feature will put your profile on the top of another user’s suggestions list. This is also a premium feature.
- Match Guarantee: Match.com offers a free six-month membership if you don’t find a match within your first initial membership. If you subscribe to a six month membership and don’t find any matches, you can receive this feature.
Match.com does not have any sort of verification process like other websites. They have report buttons and block buttons for users to use if they feel the are having troubles with another user.
- Signing up is fast and easy
- Offers free membership for six months if you do not find a match
- Special features such as Boost and Reverse Matches
- Extensive search filters
- Messaging is a premium feature
- Doesn’t have a strong verification process
- Need to have premium membership to access most features
Even though features like messaging are only a premium feature, Match.com has a lot to offer. Premium memberships aren’t too expensive and you can get a ton of features to find your future boyfriend or girlfriend. If you purchase a six month membership and do not match with someone, Match.com guarantees a free six month membership to help users ensure they will find someone on their website. With all the features Match.com has to offer, the website is worth the try.